Individual Placement and Support (IPS)
Our Individual Placement and Support Service is for those receiving secondary mental health care. The processes involved are designed to:
- Identify personal employment preferences and produce a plan/CV.
- Identify specific support needs to help with ensuring a good job match.
- Determine if the client is willing to disclose their mental ill health and have us contact employers on their behalf.
- With permission identify suitable employment opportunities and discuss job match details with the employer.
- If preferred provide support at a distance with job search, applications and interviews.
- Ensure that financially the client will be better off in work.
- Once placed provide ongoing support for as long as is required.
With our partners, Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, we are a Centre of Excellence for our IPS service. This means we offer an unrivalled level of expertise and experience.
We deliver our Individual Placement and Support services in;
- West Essex; including Uttlesford, Stansted, Harlow, Epping, Waltham Abbey, Great Dunmow and Loughton
- South Essex; including, Basildon, Brentwood, Wickford, Castlepoint and Rochford including Rayleigh and Canvey Island
- West Suffolk; West Suffolk including Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Mildenhall, Brandon, Sudbury and Haverhill
*Please note that we do not take self-referrals for our IPS service, however, we do take self-referrals for our Job Retention service – you can find the referral form on our Job Retention page.