At Employ-Ability, we help our people to get and keep work through a range of specialist programmes.
Workplace Support Programme
We offer a range of mental health support for; large and small businesses, and organisations. This support is competitive and focused on preventing employers incurring costs, and includes; access to employee assistance, job retention, mental health in the workplace awareness and much more.
For more information about Workplace Support, please click here.
Essex Community Foundation’s Thriving Third Sector Fund
Employ-Ability has been funded to pilot a Workplace Support programme for the Voluntary and Community sector, our initial offer includes;
- A series of workshops across South and West Essex with CVS partners, targeted toward small and medium sized organisations
- Follow on support either through small group sessions that focuses on supporting the sector’s leaders, managers and trustees to develop resilience within their organisation
- Ensuring they are able to respond to the latest developments in good workplace practice for mental health
- Enabling the sector to in South and West Essex to access Individual Placement Support Services for those struggling to sustain their employment.
Our six-month report identified that
- 87% of attendees cited that they had a greater understanding of how they could support mental health in their workplace, of which 46% indicated that they had gained a lot more understanding than they had previously.
- 51% of those participating told us they were much more aware of future expectations and how they could respond to those expectations, overall 83% identified that they felt they were aware of, and could respond to future expectations
- 78% suggested they gained knowledge about where and how to access support from the workshop although 11% identified they did not. 80% felt they had developed their capacity to identify earlier if a staff member is suffering from mental ill health as a result of attending.
Individual Placement and Support
Individual Placement and Support Service is for those receiving secondary mental health care; building their confidence, developing a realistic and achievable plan, helping them with their job search and securing, where possible, an opportunity with a local employer. We support our clients through the interview and start process and provide them with ongoing support.
With our partners, Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, we are a Centre of Excellence for our Individual Placement Support Service. This means we offer an unrivalled level of expertise and experience.
We deliver our Individual Placement and Support in ;
Essex ; West Essex including Harlow, Epping, Great Dunmow and Loughton , Basildon, Brentwood and Wickford, and Castlepoint and Rochford including Rayleigh and Canvey Island
Suffolk ; West Suffolk including Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket , Mildenhall, Brandon, Sudbury and Haverhill
HeadsUp is designed to support people with common mental health problems get back into the workplace.
This programme works across Essex thanks to a £1.8million grant and is managed by Enable East.
The programme, which is funded until 2020, provides support to people suffering from conditions such as depression or anxiety, who are out of work or economically inactive and wish to get work.
HeadsUp is a free programme funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.